Our Mission Statement
The YWCA Junior Board and its volunteers are committed to working with the YWCA Santa Monica / Westside to raise funds for and increase awareness of YWCA programs, which impact the lives of our community's women, girls and families.
Who We Are
We are a group of young professional women who contribute a wide range of experience and expertise, with a true passion for the mission of the YWCA. Junior Board members directly participate in program implementation, organize fundraisers, introduce new friends to the YWCA, and serve as role models for YWCA program participants. To date, our group has played an integral role in the YWCA's Girls Central program for at-risk middle and high school girls. Participation in Junior Board activities provides opportunities for leadership development and personal growth. The Junior Board and its volunteers are committed to creating a productive, respectful, empowering and encouraging environment to facilitate discussion and promote community involvement.
How Can You Help
- The YWCA Junior Board is always looking for eager young professionals to join our group
- Officers are elected for one calendar year as voted by board members
- Board members are participants who meet membership requirements and in doing so maintain voting rights and regularly attend business meetings
- Volunteers are non-voting participants who support the efforts of the Junior Board through attending meetings, contributing ideas, and assisting with various events and activities as needed
- Officers, board members and volunteers collaborate to form work groups as needed and have the opportunity to spearhead work groups
If you are interested in joining our group and able to donate your time, experience, expertise and passion (or know of someone who is!), please contact Caitlin Cole at